Friday, May 22, 2009

Really trying to get your point across, huh God...

So yesterday they had a field trip at school where only *some* students got picked to go. Meaning from each class, they drew names. My sons got picked, my daughter did not. Okay, fine. Surely they will do something fun with them at school, right? WRONG. My little Mary cleaned the classroom and desks ALL DAY. She cried when she got in the van. I don't blame her. The students that got picked were not picked because of achievement or grades(she is a straight A student), it was random. What is this teaching kids? Life's not fair? I give. I see no point. It made her angry and hate the school and be upset by the kids that got to go. They came back bragging, got tee shirts, souvenirs and prizes. Mary got squat. She watched 1/2 hr. of a movie they didn't get to finish because the other kids came back in the middle of it. So.done.with.this.school. They wouldn't get by with this nonsense at a public school, the parents would be outraged. I'm not saying the parents aren't outraged about yesterday but no one stopped it.
Sorry. I had to vent somewhere.
Today they wore smelly gym clothes to Mass and have a procession with streamers and flags for Olympic Day. Nice way to honor our Lord who died for us. I didn't want to end this school year on a bad note but I guess it needs be. How else would I feel so strongly that homeschool is our only option. Did I mention they are serving hot dogs at their catholic school on a Friday? Yeah, that. My kids packed nacho and cheese pizza Lunchables. They have an early dismissal today so I better get cracking on the rest of my work day. I was going to get some resources for asperger's and homeschool. That will have to happen next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ARGHH!!!